"It's like a circle, and it goes round and round..."

Welcome to the home of TheLooper where you can learn about my likes and dislikes, my dreams and aspirations, my stories and moments, all wrapped up in a pretty little bow. This is a place where all are welcome to express themselves and free will is greatly encouraged!

Saturday, April 22, 2023

10: What Dreams May Come Part 2

 Do you remember the movie Something Wicked This Way Comes?

This was a Ray Bradbury novel turned into a movie in 1983. I remember watching that film as a kid and being just as entranced as some townspeople within the film. It wasn't an overly scary film but it had a deep, darker meaning. Concerns over aging, being different, and ultimately fear itself. The carousel was the scariest part as it sped up and caused a person to age, and in one scene, the person aged rapidly until their body began to decay.

That's similar to my dreams from 2019-2021, albeit quite different from the film or the book. As I said before, the dreams get darker with each iteration. In that sense, it reminds me of the woes of Revelation. Each woe got progressively worse as people experienced what was happening or what was to come. Likewise was the case for me, as these four woes of my dreams pointed towards a future issue I was unaware of.

In 2019, the dream seemed like something surreal. Fleeting, but the details remained with me. That made the dream different. Nearly two years would pass before I understood exactly what the dream that year meant. 

Now the time is April 2020. As you can imagine, having bizarre dreams seemed normal then. In fact, with how bizarre reality had become, with lockdowns, a highly contagious virus, political turmoil, and societal unrest that were only beginning to brew, a dream was normal and better. True colors came out in 2020, lines were drawn, and the result was a world shaken to its core by uncertainty. 

That should come as no surprise that the next two dreams were in close succession, a week apart. The content of the dreams was, well, you'll find out shortly. Why don't we get rolling with what comes next....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Dream Two: "Someone is Here" (April 27, 2020, 6:15 AM)

I was outside in my parent's backyard on Bellview again. It was a bright, sunny day and felt like springtime. That again led me to believe it was the current day. As I was tending to something in my parent's backyard, I looked back up toward their house and saw through the glass door that separates the house from the patio. What I saw inside the house I couldn't believe.

Standing in the center of my parent's den was a white figure. This wasn't a white man or woman, but a solid white apparition-looking being. This being appeared luminescent, almost glowing, and the demeanor made me think of someone having thrown a sheet over their whole body. 

This figure startled me as I looked into the house. I also saw my dad come into view and walk up beside the being. I was stunned. A ghostly figure was standing within inches of my father in his den. I had no choice but to run into the house to see what this being or person might be. From my perspective, it was, in fact, a ghost.

I charged through the screen door, flinging it open, and through the kitchen into the den. But as I walked into the den, the ghost was gone. I anxiously looked around the room, noting that the overhead light was on, and Leslie and my dad were still standing there. I was frantically looking around, spinning in circles to find this being. I remember saying, "Something is in here!"

But after I uttered that, Leslie grabbed my attention from across the room. As I stared at her, Leslie began to convulse while standing. Her arms were moving bizarrely, and she mumbled incoherent sounds. No words, just distorted noises. She was moving across the room towards me and then away as I came over and started to reach for her. My dad was looking on, as he couldn't understand what she was doing either. 

As I grabbed hold of Leslie, that's when she collapsed to the ground. I guided her body to the floor, watching her eyes roll back in her head. She looked the same way she appeared the day she passed out on me in the elevator at AnMed Health. That day at the hospital, Leslie had labs drawn but hadn't eaten anything yet. She was squeamish about blood, and she passed out after having the needle taken out and blood drawn. This had happened to her once before, before our dating. That moment in the elevator was the only time it happened with me present. Now, she passed out again and almost acted like she was having a seizure.

As Leslie lay there, convulsing, I yelled for my dad to get help and stood back up for a second. When I stood up, I began yelling, "Something's in here! Something's in here!"

Suddenly everything went black. I couldn't see anything. It was like the room, and everything in it had vanished. In the darkness and silence, I heard a voice say, "Someone is here. Someone is here."

After hearing that phrase, I woke up from my dream. When I did, I was lying in bed at my parent's house, in the Clemson bed pictured above. I lay there for a second, processing the sound of the voice in the phrase. It was unrecognizable to me. But as I replayed the sound of the voice in my head, something odd happened. This energy wave shot out from the center of my body and went through me in all directions, head to toe. The wave originated from the center mass of my chest and abdomen, below where the xiphoid process is located on the bottom of the sternum. 

This wave shot out twice. The only way to describe the wave was like a sense of dread. Have you ever had a sense of dread that sends a sensation through your whole body, maybe because you're nervous or scared of something? That's what this felt like, only much more intensely. This felt like something sent a pressure wave through my soul. I didn't move until things settled down, and the sensation disappeared. After it did, I was fine.

A bizarre dream, in a bizarre time, with an equally bizarre reaction. But the phrase was something haunting. "Someone is here. Someone is here." What did that mean, who said it, and who is here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few things about the setting:

1. April 27 was the anniversary of Leslie and I going on our first date in 2001. That reason alone made me think the significance centered around Leslie more than me. April 2020 was her 40th birthday, 11 days earlier. The lockdowns from the pandemic messed up any birthday plans we had for her that year because everything was shut down. So, my thoughts dwelled on Leslie and my concerns about her. I was worried something bad was happening to her or would.

2. The ghost figure was as tall as a man or woman but had no face or other recognizable markings you would attribute to a human. It looked like someone had thrown a glowing sheet over someone in the center of the room, and they just stood there. No holes for eyes. 

3. When I ran into the house to see this being, I wasn't anxious out of fear as much as I was curious. I didn't expect them to disappear, though. That made me more anxious. However, when Leslie started convulsing, my attention shifted to her until she was safely on the ground. Then I began going back to trying to find whatever this being was in the house.

4. The wave was terrifying when it happened. I had never felt something like that before in my life. It felt like something sent a ripple through my being. Maybe someone?

We'll have to see where the next dream takes this story. It happened a week later on Star Wars Day...



No comments:

Post a Comment